Thursday, April 9, 2009

What remains the same is change & an unchanging hiding place

Thinking about how my life has changed now that I've been stateside and home for a few months, I began to look back on the things I've experienced in life this far. The one thing I can say for sure is that change is constant. In relationships, in purpose, in geographic locations, in wants, needs and desires, I'm finding that my life is often changing and transforming into something that I believe has become even more beautiful with time.

Although I never would have seen my life play out the way it has thus far, I have no regrets and I've thoroughly enjoyed trusting God in this life process. I've lived such an incredibly full life and for that I'm so grateful.

This morning I read in Joel 3:16 that God is a safe hiding place, a "granite safe" house for your children.

What does that mean in reality?

The night I was flying out of Nashville there were flash-flood rains and a few times Daniel and I could hardly see the road ahead while driving to the airport. Apparently, there were tornado warnings in the area. I vaguely remember hearing sounds of thunder or lightening and being reminded that one of the safest places to be is in a vehicle because of the rubber on the tires.

Maybe that's what God is saying here.
He's like the tire rubber that diffuses electrical shocks and helps us get through the challenges and trials of life.
For this unchanging hiding place, I'm thankful.
For the changes that remain, I'm thankful too and I found my anchor -- my anchor is in you, God.

1 comment:

  1. True - change is definitely constant!
    I like your comparison of God to the rubber tires. :) Embrace the changes God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete