Sunday, April 12, 2009

Slumdog

This weekend I watched Slumdog Millionaire with family. I have been wanting to see it for a long time. Although I'm not quite sure why it got best film, I definitely liked the movie story. Then again, why does any film get the best film award? I think much of what is out today isn't that great. Oh well.

Slumdog for me was a strong reminder of 70% of the world that lives in abject poverty compared to what we know and experience in the US. It was a reminder of the kids around the world living in these conditions and knowing very little else.

Of course I also loved the romance in the story line. A childhood romance that lasts through life......that's painfully good.

I'm enjoying the song "Paper Planes" from the soundtrack and a few others that I just added on my playlist, so you can listen if you'd like. Great movie and great soundtrack for working out! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. the soundtrack is good. I have been listening to A.R. Rahman for years and it is good to see him get some acclaim internationally.

    ReplyDelete