Friday, April 17, 2009

He has told you.....

I just came back from a two mile walk and as I was listening to worship music on the I-pod, I got to thinking about what it is in life that God is really after in us as humans.

I mean, there are so many variations of Christianity in the world and so many styles and people who claim Christ-following as a way of life, but when God looks at us all, what are the things He's looking for?

The reason I was asking is because I still don't feel as though I have it all figured out. As I mused over these things in the beautiful sunshine, I took in the desert landscape in Nevada (not the most picturesque for me, but it is what it is).

Then I was reminded of the scripture in Micah 6:8
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you? But to do justice, love kindness and to walk humbly with your God."


Enough said. Now if I could just focus on that.

So what does it look like to do justice?
What does it look like to love kindness?
What does it look like to walk humbly with God?

The musing continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment