Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Random thoughts....

So a few mornings ago I biked 5 miles and tried out the Carson City Rec Department's swimming pool. Although it's nothing like the facility I got used to on Margaret Island in Budapest, I think it will be good to get one swim in there a week. I may check out the Moana pool too, but needless to say this is the time to get a move on practicing swim techniques and preparing for that portion of the Sprint Tri. As long as my knee heals, I don't think I'll have a problem with the running or the biking part of the race at the end of May. Last time the swim was the hardest for me. Well, when I get back to Reno, I plan to get a knee brace and figure out what I can do to see it heal quicker. I'm still moving forward though with workouts and hoping to get a few events on the books for 2009.
--------------

I arrived in Raleigh-Durham at 1 am on Friday morning. Nicole picked me up from the airport and took me to her place in Cary. It's a darling neighborhood. I went walking this morning and found a bagel shop nearby and a grocery store to get dinner for the girls. Yum! The conference starts tonight. Seeing as I haven't been to a Campus Harvest for atleast four years, I'm curious to say the least. Nicole is going to help out with an "open mic" event tonight after the opener, so that should be fun to hang out with her and see some familiar faces. I'll also connect with Jeff and we'll set up a time to meet tomorrow and discuss the workshop for Saturday afternoon. I think I'm prepared as I whizzed through several chapters of "Waking the Giant" by Ryan Shaw while on the plane yesterday. The history of student missions in North America is awe-inspiring. I hope tomorrow we can inspire the students who come to the workshop about these truths, especially those considering more long-term missions among the least reach....which is (2-5 years or a life time call!).
-----------------

This morning I was reading the story of the women who loved Jesus. When he died, they went to his grave to find him but he wasn't there. An angel said, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?" The resurrection is a central part of the Christian faith. The fact that, against death itself, Christ conquered that and promised that all who trust Him will also come up with him into more living -- well, that's just an incredible truth. What got me thinking is the metaphorical significance of this. What I mean is this.Today, I'm not facing that kind of death but there are things inside my heart, my life that have died. Some of those things, no doubt, needed to die. But there are other things I believe need to be resurrected. As I mull through my thoughts on this, I realize I've been looking for life among dead things. Today I decided I need to go to the source of life and find life. :)

2 comments:

  1. Have a great visit to NC. I wish you get to come to GA sometime also! Swimming is a great way to stay fit while still resting your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes. :) Had a great trip. I hope to come to Georgia someday too.

    ReplyDelete