Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day :)

Yesterday I spent Mother's Day at Walley's Hot Springs with three beautiful women whose lives I'm excited to celebrate. Through their lives, I've had glimpses of what it means to wear the many hats that most women wear as wifey, mama, maid, encourager, etc., the list goes on.

I think the thing that has inspired me the most about these ladies in my life is that all three of them have figured out ways to keep a positive perspective on all that life throws them. Sometimes in life there are unseen challenges and how you get through those things determines what the next season of life is like.

I don't know what it's like to have a husband or children whom you're inter-dependent upon and I don't know the joys and challenges that come with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm finally at a place in life where I'd like to know, but until that happens I am a people watcher. I love to observe how others get through things and how they enjoy things. My turn will come! I have no doubts.

It was wonderful to sit and soak in the hot springs and talk with these beautiful women in my life. My mom set the bar when it comes to being positive, looking for ways to overcome in life, etc. And my two sisters, with very different lives are also doing a terrific job. Happy Mother's Day to three very beautiful women. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment