Saturday, May 2, 2009

Good Idea Larry

I found myself in Walley's heated 12 meter pool, swimming laps Thursday and Friday morning. Thursday I swam 500 meters and a 3 mile run and Friday I did 700 meters. The race in Auburn is a 500 meter open water swim and I'm hoping to build up endurance over the next few weeks to double the endurance. Larry was in the pool and was quite chatty. Larry is 70 something and has survived seven accidents. He's very knowledgeable about health fitness and I appreciated our conversations, although I had to meet someone in Reno and his chattiness had me running late. Didn't know how to shut down this lonely hearts club member. I'm sure I'll see Larry a lot more in the early mornings. He uses the workout room and the pools every morning, faithfully at Walley's.

I'm not worried about biking although I definitely have to get the bike in better working order. I didn't have any trouble on the biking portion of the Sprint Tri last time so I'm not too worried about it. Plus, it's only 8 miles, although it's a hillier course.

I'm most worried about the run portion because it will be a hilly course and my knee hasn't been to full recovery. Larry suggested I use the treadmill to make it more low-impact training and just add an increased incline. Good idea, Larry. I like Larry. He's got good ideas....

4 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a Larry once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha:)
    yes, Larry boy. Everyone needs one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so I said Larry Boy when I was trying to figure out how to comment on your blog. It was actually a really long process, just for you, because I couldn't comment on your last blog that I really liked. Louie did that. I still can't comment from my own house.

    ReplyDelete