Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm a kid in a candy shop! :)



I feel like a kid in a candy shop! I just bought this bike on ebay!! Woo hoo!!

I've been dreaming about getting a very basic level Triathlon bike for about two years now. The bike I'm using here in the states is really cruddy. I have put some work and money into it, took it to the local bike shop here. I took the bike with me on the trip to Mammoth this week, and it did horribly, the brakes are bad, the gears are worse and to get it fixed, I would be throwing more money into an old junker. I've already spent about $100 on this bike since I've been home and just don't want to throw my money away.

Well, I have been searching, looking and waiting for something that I can afford as you may know that tri bikes are a ridiculous expense, especially the more avid a Triathlon you become. Well, I just wanted something to get me started. I read the reviews on this bike and the only thing I'm worried about is that it's aluminum versus carbon. I could have paid $200 more for carbon, but I really just wanted to get the basic level bike for starters.

I ended up using some of the fundage set aside to get an older forerunner before I move to Sacramento in the late summer. It just means I'll be driving the VW a little longer and getting it a MAACO paint job. :)

I'm a kid in a candy shop today!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for new toys! :) Enjoy it! Triathlon - here you come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats & nice buy. Honestly Jen, aluminum is just fine. At least in my opinion. All that matters is that it rides, it's fairly comfortable and you like it. Affordable is my #1 requirement.

    Have fun...

    ReplyDelete