Monday, July 13, 2009

Time, Life and Space

This week I'm focusing on coordinating an event we plan to do in Nashville this Fall. The Ignite Weekend is one where students develop relationships with like-minded students on campuses in their city/region. Through the Missions Movement manual, students understanding of what a student mission movement is (and isn’t) and the basic stages of a campus mission movement are explored together. There are times of worship and times of prayer. We spend time diagnosing the stage that each campus is on regarding global prayer and missions involvement and come up with a plan for the year with practical steps to move towards growth in the student missions movement on campus. I'm nervous in that I'm going to be the point person on this project but I'm also excited, knowing that it is going to be great.

---------------
I started a specific Triathlon training plan with Kellye from Atlanta and so far it's been great, just to have the accountability and to build endurance. She is challenging me in some unique ways to increase endurance. I'm looking at participating in a Sprint Tri at the end of August in Tahoe and perhaps doing a half-marathon in September with a friend of mine.

--------------
Last week James and I caught a game with Noel, Mo and the kids in San Fran. It was a lot of fun. It's not my favorite team, but it's his, so I can have mercy on him...Haha. I love it because James and I tease each other with this rivalry and one of the names he's given to my team of choice, is Bo Tox. hahah. That's funny, I have to admit. What a stinker, but I love it! :) Baseball is baseball and I'd never pass up an opportunity to see a game, even if it's the Giants!












This past weekend we met up with some of his friends in Yosemite, enjoying the beautiful scenery while hanging out with his friends from Northern California and their parents. What an incredibly beautiful place!



No comments:

Post a Comment