Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Living Stones Church in Reno


This past month, I've gone to church with James at Living Stones. It's been refreshing to take in the worship, the messages plus the big bonus of sitting next to and holding the hand of a hot man whose loving Jesus with all His heart too.

One of the things that I noticed this past Sunday while walking into the Reno High School Theater was the huge canvases of art that line the walls. One stood out to me this week but it didn't hit me until I was in the middle of worship. The canvas is a huge, white canvas and painted on it (from what I can remember) is part of a tree, or a tree branch - either in dark brown or in black coming from the left side. In the right top corner are some birds. At the bottom of the canvas in the middle is the word "worry."

I didn't get it at first but I was only passing by and glanced quickly at it. When I sat down and music started, I got it. Jesus said we are to look at the birds of the air and see how well they are taken care of and remember that how much more our Heavenly Father will take care of us. We aren't to worry about temporal things but focus on being His bird. :) Hmmm. I'll be meditating on that for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. sounds really cool the painting with the birds. hope i get to see it someday.

    ReplyDelete