Friday, July 17, 2009

Challenging Yourself

There's something about challenging myself in new ways and learning new things in new areas that really appeals to me. I'm not much of a competitive girl when it comes to competing with others, but when it comes to competing with myself and changing the face of my life, I'm easily there.

A few weeks ago, I finally took a basic CPR course that I've been wanting to take for a long time. Sorely disappointed, I don't know how much better off I am having taken the course. I guess I was expecting a bit more practice on the dummies? haha. Actually, I'm not sure what I expected. Now I've got the certification card from American Heart Association, but I already feel as though I need a refresher.

For over a year now I've wanted to get certified in personal training. Not necessarily to start a career in that, as I love what I do with youth and missions, but more for my benefit and maybe to be knowledgeable for others. In May, I finished a very cheesy basic intro course online that I started while in Hungary. But I've been looking into a few different certifications and trying to decide what road to take. Just this morning the NASM was offering a free online intro to Personal Training. They are one of the organizations I was looking into for certification and if I like their free online course, I will probably sign up for their certification course in Personal Training.

My personal training with Kellye has been awesome! Where I would want to call it "a good workout", the training plan she has for me requires longer workouts and so I'm following that and feel great about it. I'm finishing up my second week and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm looking at doing another Sprint Triathlon at the end of August in Lake Tahoe. This particular one has a longer bike portion. I'm a little nervous about the altitude but I'll be ready. It's a 600 m swim, 22 mile bike, 3 mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment