Monday, January 10, 2011

My girl :)


For Christmas, my little brother gave me a music mix of songs that we had fun listening to on our trip to Seattle for Thanksgiving. His homemade gift has been great for new music in the mix!

The song I've been playing over and over in the car is a song by "my girl", Natasha Bedingfield's "Love Like This"....At first I thought it was the catchy tune, the fun lyrics about a love that started when they were young and hasn't gone away. It's just kind of a catchy song!! Check it out if you want. :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KqMB4hRVgk)

But then I realized that I like it because it's a song I can dedicate to my one true love, Jesus. Parts of it obviously wouldn't make sense that way but a lot of it does....I don't know if that's cheese for some people, but I find that happens in songs and movies for me.....A lyric, a line in a movie, can speak with so much weight that my heart is enraptured.

So, as the lyrics sing....


"You're the only one that knows me
love it when you hold me
I'd never find a love like this, let me hear you say
Now I'll never be lonely,
Look at what you've shown me,
I'd never find a love like this!

When this life tries to keep us apart
You keep callin' me back to your heart, let me hear you say
I'm so glad you found me, wrap you all around me,
I'd never find a love like this

All the guys tried to take me, you're the one who saved me
I feel like I owe you my life
And as strange as it may seem, I'll go if you take me
I'm willing to sacrifice...

And that's why you keep runnin' in and out of my mind
As the years they all roll by, its not hard to know why
I keep comin' back to you.....

You're the only one that knows me, love it when you hold me...
I'd never find a love like this...."


I'm so thankful for how God has brought James into my life. I guess I just resonate with this song; my first love will always be Jesus. I'll never find a love like Him. I think a lot of women forget this and once they go into marriage they expect that man to be Jesus. Last time I checked, there's only one. Keep coming back to Him. He's the only one who knows us....we'll never find a love like His!

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! I JUST read on No(dot dot) el's blog that you are ENGAGED!!! I am so completely, insanely happy for you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shontell :) Super excited, we are!

    ReplyDelete