Saturday, February 6, 2010

A leisurely morning

This morning I got up around 7 am. Way too early for a Saturday, if you ask me! There's something about taking it slow on a weekend morning that does great things to the soul! Although I didn't sleep in, I did get to rest and take it easy and that's just about the same difference to me!

I finally sauntered out of bed around 8 am and decided to get the java flow started. Downstairs mom was waking up too. Our weekday morning ritual has been really nice. We usually have a cup of coffee and talk for about 10 minutes before moving on to start the day. But this morning was different. This morning, I brought my bible and journal downstairs and got online at crosswalk.com, leisurely reading and sipping on coffee while chatting with mom. Being able to take my time, stop and read, enjoy the day slowly and leisurely is bliss!

The rest of the family got up around 10 am and mom made breakfast. Yummy cheesy eggs and bacon and fresh OJ!! I love these moments with my family, especially since I haven't been around for almost a decade until just recently.

Now I'm contemplating a workout before driving up to Reno to hang out with Mr. Brownskin. Today I just don't feel like working out. I know that consistency and discipline are key but I wonder if I will ever enjoy running! For me, on most days, it's pure torture, atleast until I'm done. Then I'm glad I did it. Yesterday I ran 5 miles, was supposed to do 6 but wimped out. Fortunately today on the workout plan I have a 3 mile EZ run and some bike time! I love riding. I could ride for hours on a bike but how do long distance runners wrap their brain around almost a few hours of running? I just don't get it.

Later today I'm going to make Shrimp and Potato Chowder at Mr. Simmons place. We'll probably watch a movie and just relax. I love these moments when there's no rush, no agenda, no real plan.

Although there is one thing that I KNOW I need to do but keep avoiding -- finish up those darn New Years cards!! Yep, I'm that person who sends you a card in February. Still have about 30 to write a note on and address envelopes! I like to send them all out at once. Maybe that's not the smartest, but that's what I like. It's going to be Valentines Day by the time I finally get them out. Oh well. Such is life sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sister. Love you just checking in. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete