Thursday, January 21, 2010

With all my heart

With all my heart, I'm trusting what I can't see
Details uncertain, random possibilities.
Assured by love that You're making a way for me.

I look for quick answers and a coffee to go.
But there's another way you're leading--heart-changing and slow.
I'll stop trying to figure out this life on my own.

Looking for answers when my soul is weak.
Refusing to believe my future will be bleak.
Ears are for listening, and You speak.

Then I'm quick to think I've got it figured out.
But get humbled again when life takes a new route.
And you understand all this, even when I pout.

More than I want to listen, You want to be heard.
Your peace makes other peoples noise sound absurd.
And so I rest, I wait, I watch in Your word.

Learning to trust is not a cowardice plan.
When I run to you, the difficult is easier to understand.
All of the questions seem insignificant as I take your hand.
And no matter the future, I can stand.......with all my heart.


Proverbs 3:5-12
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
He's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment