Thursday, January 21, 2010

Runnersworld sends out a daily 'kick in the butt' email with an inspirational quote that I love to read. Right now I'm trying to focus on running, since I'm waiting for the shoulder to heal and since biking is a strength for me. I'm looking at a doing a Half Marathon and a Sprint Tri event in April, but we'll see. If not both events, atleast one. If I had to choose, I'd choose the Sprint Tri. I really hate running and the thought that I am forcing myself to get up to 2 hours of running is dreadful. It truly is an ordeal but I'm hoping to make it an accomplishment!! I want to do a half this year, even if it's not the funnest thing I've ever done. I will do one!!

Here's today's quote:

"At first an ordeal and then an accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like bread, or wine, a fine marriage, or air. It is also a free pass to friendship."
Benjamin Cheever, Strides

Hoping to get a 4 mile run in sometime this a.m. Any friends gonna join me?

1 comment: