Monday, August 3, 2009

So many thoughts....


The other day James and I were talking about the differences between men and women and how funny some of them can be! For him, it's funny that women can think of about 10 things in our head all at the same time. Whereas, men usually only have one, maybe two things on the brain at a time. One day we were sitting on the couch talking about this very issue and he asked me, "OK, so what 10 things are you thinking about right now?" and I started rattling off several of those things. He just laughed and said, "Really?" I said, "Why? What are the things you have on your brain?" He said, "Only one. Being with you."

It's crazy because in addition to thinking about 10 things at once, I can also decide several things at once.

So I just decided a few things

1.) Lake Tahoe is cold. I don't know this by any recent personal experience, but I can just tell. Looking out at the water as we sat for Shakespeare on the Lake Sat night convinced me. I can just tell these things.

2) I like the P90X workout series and when I have a little extra cash sometime in the future, I think I'll invest.

3) His Needs, Her Needs by Harley. Great book :)

4) Little dogs are not dogs. They are fluffy furry things. I'm dog sitting right now and I can say this with full authority.

5) Life is good because God is good and for no other reason really.

6) Cancer sucks.

7) Besides Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and Prince, I really don't like 80s music.

8) I like being outdoors but sometimes it's nice to sit with a book and read.

9) Perspectives on the World Christian Movement was a life-changing course for me.

10) I want to have a garden someday :)

2 comments:

  1. So true about men and women! :)

    Congrats on the man in your life. Very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yep. I think so too. He's a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete