Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Spoken Word

Tonight Emma and I went over to Art Walk's "Spoken Word" event hosted by the Holland Project at the Sierra Art Gallery. Inspired by Iain Watson's pieces, I wrote

Tonight I've been inspired by the spoken word
By the passion, the boldness, the message I've heard
It's been awhile since my mind ran free
But this might be a new day, a new dawn for me

What inspires artists to perfect their art?
If not the rapture, the rolling tide of a fresh new start.
I say it's time - for darkness in my mind to part.
A new day and I'm ready for the re-start

This resounding resurgent color scheme has proclaimed a new day
And these spoken words are dancing, they've come out to play
Their robed in radiant imagery that I can't ignore
And I'm standing here now with my feet to the floor

Stars, moon and sun giving light
My mind is an explosion and I'm back in the fight
Because tonight I've been inspired by the spoken word
and God willing, this won't be the last you've heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment