Monday, June 18, 2012

Simple Life Continued - the Detox

Sugar cravings come in spurts for me. I'm not one that needs a dessert each night after dinner. Typically that's not how I roll. But every once in awhile, I crave and even seek out a variety of sweets from junior mints to sweet tarts to snickers bars to my ultimate favorite MAGNUM ice cream bar. And when it rains, it pours. I seriously just can't get enough and I seek it out at every turn. The bad thing is this. First, unburned sugar turns into fat. When you consume more than you burn, it starts to pile around my waist. This is near my organs and this means disease. I know this. I know it's bad and I know the affect it has on my body. But do I care? No. I really don't. I want to savor the taste. I remember someone once telling me to get things like M & M's and just eat a few when you get a craving. You know, that would be great if my personal self control were up a few notches. My husband is disciplined when I don't tempt him. Poor man, I bring home the goods and then we partake. So, I decided this summer I'm going to take the challenge and this week I will start a sugar detox. http://www.damyhealth.com/2011/02/the-sugar-detox/ Wish me the best. I know I am going to feel better, drop some weight and be glad I did it. Healthy eating means healthy living. I really can't wait to try her cocktail idea - lemon and ginger and spritzer water. YUM.

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! I seriously just took the kids last night and bought a big bag of assorted goodies. I NEVER buy that stuff because I know I will consume massive amounts of it IF I do. Ha ! Wow so how is you detox going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally figured out my password dilemma. I'm such a nerd. OK, so detox was going well for a few months there. Up and down but I'm down -- lost about 3 so far. I'm back to reading your blog now Noel. Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete