Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Love/Hate List

In an effort to keep "linked in" with my sis, I am publishing my love/hate list per her request. Hate is quite a strong word but of no real affect these days. Sadly, "love" has been watered down to loving things like chocolate and long walks, both of which I do in fact love. Maybe I'd rather go into an expo on the words. What do they mean really and such things like that? But in an effort to keep it simple and because I don't have much time, let me just keep with the general idea of the love/hate blog my sister is after. I LOVE MY FAMILY. Everyone has family and every family is different. One day with the Pellants and you'll find yourself loved, lots of laughter, energy, a bit distracted in conversation with you, sometimes loud, opinionated, and you'll probably experience it AT LEAST once - someone talking over you, not meaning any harm, just carried away in their own thoughts, where you can't get a word in edge wise. I love my family's openness, their honesty, their randomness, their passion, fun, and a bit of silly behavior. I really love my family - each and every sibling, my parents, and now this love has extended to my in-laws and my husband who are now a part of the family. They are much more mild-mannered in general and I love all the wonderful things about each of them and of their family dynamics. It's a wonderful adventure to be close to your family and I do love it. I HATE WHEN FAMILIES GET RIPPED APART. What I'm talking about here is the very misfortunate thing of divorce. Although I also do hate the fact that my sister and her family moved to Seattle, I wouldn't say that we are ripped apart. They are just experiencing some things and have provided a place for the rest of the family to come and visit a cool city. But that thing of divorce I really do hate and especially when kids are involved. This past year I had to process, not just one but two families, one of which was the divorce of a well-loved and respected couple that I thought had a lifetime commitment. I was angry at the husband for saying he just got a hard heart and was going to divorce. No counseling, no working it out. I hate that. I get angry because with five kids watching, what the hell is that all about? Hardest part for me is that he proclaims to be a Christ-follower. If you're a Christ-follower with a hard heart, you need to go to some counseling. Because obviously Christ is not the author of that. Off my soap box for now. Suffice to say I HATE divorce. On a much lighter note, I LOVE BEING A HOME BODY. It's something I never would have expected from myself, but it's true. After being a globe trotter for so long, I just love being home, cooking, cleaning, lounging around reading books on the couch or starting to try my hand at gardening. I HATE BEING RUSHED AROUND ON DAYS OFF. Sometimes errands or events call for movement on a day off when I'd rather just brew coffee, sit in bed and read. I LOVE PRETTY FLOWERS. Something about their texture, their colors, their smells. Nothing quite brightens up a room or my heart besides pretty flowers. I HATE HILLS. I'm surrounded by them and whenever I venture off to run or cycle from the front door, I must take on these devils. I really do hate hills. I LOVE ROAD TRIPS. My new favorite thing is taking road trips with the husband. How I love to travel with him. I think we make a great team and really enjoy each other's company. I love exploring new places, driving through new towns and finding a quaint little shop or something that makes that town stand out. We don't even have to go far. I HATE WIND. There's another thing that I'm surrounded by. One time coming home and up the hill on my bike, it was so windy I was blown off the bike. I hate it. I LOVE SATURDAY MORNING BREAKFAST. I don't mind being the one making it either. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, fresh fruit and yummo coffee. It's like heaven on a Saturday! I HATE NECK PAIN. This past week I've experienced some of the worst neck pain. I've had to see the chiro a few times and got a massage. I hate body aches and pains. Noel and I had this conversation while in Seattle....If you had the choice between mental alertness and health in old age, which would you choose? I would choose health every time. I really do hate body pains. I LOVE FRESHLY GROUND AND BREWED ORGANIC COFFEE. Nothing tastes quite as delicious. I'm drinking it now. I HATE WHEN WOMEN GET CADDY. What is it about the female gender and caddyness? Fortunately, I've been mostly spared by this. But I have to say it's one of the things I HATE. Gossip, caddiness, it smells nasty and must stink to high heaven. I LOVE TO CREATE. I'm not very good at it, I must admit. But give me a paintbrush or guitar. I love to play around creatively and wish I had more time to do it. I HATE IT WHEN I CAN'T GET TO MY PILE TO ORGANIZE. Yes, I have a pile of things I will get to later. I hate it when it just keeps piling up and I don't get to it. I LOVE KNOWING THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. It goes without saying there is nothing in the world that is meaningful without Him. Even the most mundane of daily events find so much meaning tied in with the grand weaver. Knowing Him in that personal affection through His son is priceless and I thank God every day that James and I do and can celebrate that love together. So there you go Noel. A little glimpse into the love hates for me.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! What a pleasant surprise Jeniffa!! To wake and see my very own sista linked up and ready to go with her love/hates.... can I just tell you from one words person to another... well you already know. I LOVE YOU!! And I really like a lot how your breaking it down up there with the watering down of words and what not. What a great list. I HATE when women get caddy also. LOVE the description of our family of origin and well.. pretty much your whole list it's awesome as are YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, great list. i also hate being rushed here and there on my days off yet if i dont do anything i feel guilty that i did nothing! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! Here from the link up with your sister.... So that means you must be just as sweet and funny as her! :)

    I hate being rushed too or having to rush people. Divorce is awful anddoes a lot of ripping.

    I live for pretty flowers. I love them. Before i was a mom, I was trying to start my own flower biz.

    ReplyDelete