Saturday, May 12, 2012

Book Review

While I was living in Budapest, a friend recommended that I read this book. Filled with some nuggets that I find encouraging to dwell on, I thought I'd put them out there. Here's a quote I read today that I'm loving.... "God took care to be the one with whom both the man and the woman would first experience personal relationship. Created to relate, their first taste of relationship was with Him.....The man was alone with God for some time, hearing His law, enjoying His fellowship, doing the tasks God had set before him. And the woman was with God while the man slept, communing with Him alone until He brought her to the man......Why would God take care to connect individually with the man and with the woman before He brought them together? Perhaps they needed the imprint of God's face to be their maiden experience of the heart-to-heart connection they were created to receive and give. And out of the overflow of that primordial love connection with God they found the pattern and energy for joyously giving themselves in love to each other" Yes, I do believe this is a key to what is taking place in our relationships. He will always be the first one.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Jen. Another book to add to my long list of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure. Can't wait to see you!! :)

    ReplyDelete