Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Strength

It might be the number of times I biffed it snowboarding this weekend at Northstar. It might be the fact that wedding planning has now been added to the details of every day life. It might have been the number of thoughts I've had about the exciting (but unknown) changes that are coming in the next few months. For whatever reason, this morning I was tired and felt weak.

Strength of body - Shred the mountain?! ha! My body felt like shredded meat for atleast a day.
Strength of mind - Take your thoughts captive. Remind yourself you only have today. Don't get overwhelmed. My constant struggle.
Strength of heart - Taking on the details of wedding planning requires this, even if you are a bride-zilla and/or love this kind of stuff. (not me!)

My plain and obvious need this morning was to be strengthened from above. Your own resources run out....

And guess what I opened up to this morning in la Biblia? A few passages on this very topic, something I so desperately needed to hear.

Isaiah 45
"I will go before you and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.
I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,"


To be strengthened with a strength that never runs out. Now that's real strength.
Just today I felt that strength running through my thoughts, my heart, my physical body even! Intangible but so real. His essence strengthening my human frame so I can do His will and be His girl. I'm so far from it, but I want it.

I started thinking about life a little and how I'm venturing into a new season, one that includes marriage and family, all very new stuff. And I asked God for the strength for that.

You want to know what He said?
"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
Isaiah 46

Later today I heard a song by Sidewalk Prophets
"The Words I Would Say" and I was encouraged and strengthened once again.


"Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say..."


So my hope for you is this kind of strength and this kind of relationship with the living God, where He speaks and you are changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment