Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fit2Wed










Right now our office could be called Fit2Wed instead of Fit2Race. Sayuri, Jesse and I lament about what still needs to get done all before the big day. With wedding on the brain, we each have our own distractions with this part of life. It does make for a fun/understanding work environment as we make calls to vendors on our lunch breaks or have to work on wedding details in our spare moments. But for Sayuri, the big day is here this weekend! Ready or not, the day has come. Congratulations to Dustin and Sayuri and little Bink, our office mascot. I pray for years and years of good things for the two of you.

We took on a challenge mid-February to get in better shape before our weddings and signed up for KAIA FIT (Functional Intense Training for Women) which is conveniently located just next door to work. We've had a lot of fun (and suffered a lot of good pain) with the ladies at KAIA FIT. I'm loving the set up - in Tumbleweeds Gymnastic Center. Nikki's philosophy on fitness is inspiring! After watching kids jump around and do gymnastics, she asked herself, what happens to us as adults to think we can't get in there and do that? Many women's lives have been changed by it. I love the energy and the fun of the class and the ladies who lead it. I love seeing average women get in there. You don't know what to expect each time you walk through the door except that you're going to sweat, move your body, and work it out with a bunch of other like-minded ladies of all shapes and sizes!
--------------

On another note, interviews for my position have started, as I won't be making the commute once James and I are married. So, if you live in the Carson/Minden area and are looking for a fantastic, fast-paced, tough job, I'd say apply now. It is kind of interesting to see who comes through the doors and curiosity gets the best of me. I wonder who will carry on here at Fit2Race.

For now, I'm workin' hard to be Fit2Wed. Even though I hate all the details and the planning of a wedding, I'm enjoying the process as James and I get to know each other in different ways through this too. The hardest part is living in the moment. I have to constantly remind myself that I only have today. I'm not given tomorrow so I need to just enjoy the moments I have now with co-workers, family, friends and my handsome fiance. Tomorrow will come soon enough and I'm sure there will be plenty think about then too.

2 comments:

  1. I met you three years ago through Nicole (now a missionary in Scotland). Your life is so encouraging. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra _ that's awesome! Are you still in touch with Nicole? She's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete