Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meet Up Dot Com

The Sierra Nevada Adventurers is a meet up group that brings people together over common interests in Northern Nevada. This afternoon I'm going to meet a few people and go for a run near the Carson River. You can pick and choose your events and they have everything from rock climbing to snowboarding to snowshoeing. I'm looking forward to meeting the group organizer today. Her and her husband sound cool and she said they are planning some training events around Tahoe as the weather gets better. I'm looking forward to enjoying the Northern Nevada mountain and views while I'm in the area.

No matter where you are in the nation, even in other nations, you can go to meet up dot com and find something in your area. I think it's a pretty cool idea. You can even start your own meet up groups. I've toyed with the idea of starting a Sprint Triathlon training meet up group, but I'd like to get a few more events under my belt first.

2 comments:

  1. I just went on my first run with this group and it was fabulous! They run at my pace and we ran in a very cool part of Carson near the Carson River. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool.
    YOU rock Jen.
    Finding the good even in Cartoon City :)

    ReplyDelete