Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Selfies


Have you ever posted a selfie and really enjoyed it? I have with friends or on my way somewhere. It's become such a new phenom that "selfie" is a new word in the urban dictionary. 

Have you ever seen someone post a selfie and think, "oh, dear girl....WHY?"
Why are you degrading yourself when you're worth so much more? Sometimes in an effort to get a certain kind of attention, women/girls post incriminating selfies. 
A mother wrote a post for girls on her son's facebook account recently......Wow I love it! You can  read more here

And she ends it with, "Will you trust me? There are boys out there waiting and hoping for women of character. Some young men are fighting the daily uphill battle to keep their minds pure, and their thoughts praiseworthy – just like you. 
You are growing into a real beauty, inside and out. 
Act like her, speak like her, post like her." 

Let's give them something to talk about. Sadly people do judge based on the pics you post and if your taats are hanging out, 


Good word for girls today. 



1 comment:

  1. I love selfies but yea, I have seen quite a few out there that make me shutter. One person I know is constantly taking them to show off her nursing publicly stance and it just about drives me fricken nutts!!

    ReplyDelete