Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Memory Magic

I think Mondays are a good day to remember in the form of poetry. It could be magical!!
 Your job is to create a poem with some memories in it.

Here's my first Monday Magic Moment.

Underground transport from home to school.
No one speaks English and I feel like a fool.
I want to be in on everything you say.
But learning another language doesn't work that way.



So I jump into the magic of new foods and words
And I'm surprised by all the funny things I eventually learn.
Turo Rudi isn't a cake.
Margeret Island is my favorite spot.
Balaton is the nation's lake.
Monthly transport card is the best thing bought. 

Oh Budapest, you stole my heart

Your bridges, the Danube, your caves to start
The history, the poetry, the lovely art
Oh Budapest, you won my heart



2 comments:

  1. So now it's Totally Tuesday and here I sit.
    Trying to remember something that will fit.
    There was time I do recall,
    before children when I could recount
    much more than what I can right now.
    SO I will go on trying to think
    of something that isn't lame and doesn't stink
    so I can come back on Monday with a memory
    made just for you.

    ReplyDelete