Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Great time last night

Last night James and I caught a Reno Aces game. My first game at the minor league ball park and it was a blast! We had a great time, the Aces won 4-2, and we fiddled with the Iphone so now I have access to several spots around the world and their weather.

I'm loving the Iphone by the way. I labored over that one for a long time but it will be well worth the investment with all the traveling I've been doing recently. I'm on a great nationwide plan and excited about it. I was also able to bring my parents into the 21st century and AT&T gave me 2 free flip phones for them. Now when Mom meets me in DC I won't be half as nervous and Dad can contact her directly. He loves that idea. I will actually be saving money, as I was paying atleast $150 a month with pay as you go on the oldest Razor known to man. I've had that thing since before Hungary three years ago.

My workout yesterday was great! First time doing spin class since Hungary. I enjoyed it and this morning I'm feeling the pain a little. When I get back from the East Coast my plan is to join my friend at the Sparks Y on Tuesday/Thiursdays for weights/spin class and hopefully start working with Kellye from Georgia on some new training schedules. Still waiting for the inexpensive heart monitor to arrive in the mail from Ebay.

While I'm traveling I decided that the best weight is my body weight and so I'll be doing crunches, lunges, squats, push ups and just come up with a schedule to do that 5 x a week with cardio. I'll be gone almost two weeks. I'll be glad to get back home and settle for awhile. It's tough living out of a suitcase.

Tomorrow in DC I will meet some of my fellow co-workers with the Student Volunteer Movement2 and we will be planning, strategizing and looking at different regions in the US for SVM2. I'm excited about that.

Off to DMV to sort out some kind of proof of insurance thing. Grghhh. They should have these details already but apparently, they dont.

Happy Father's Day to all the great fathers out there.

1 comment: